Plastic wheelie bin stores are great!
They’re practical, compact, keep things tidy and can look good too.
There are lots of options available, so which one do you choose? In this post I aim to help you decide which is the best plastic wheelie bin storage unit for your needs.
First up, why choose plastic?
- Plastic sheds will last a lifetime
- They keep everything dry
Easy to Use
- Most have easily lockable doors
- Easy to assemble and move
- Usually they come with a guarantee
- Hard to break in to
- They look good in your garden
- Tools and bins are kept hidden
Not Convinced about Plastic?
I wrote another post where I reviewed the best wood wheelie bin stores if you are tempted to go for a wood option.
There are positives and negatives for both plastic and wood, so check out that post before making a decision if you’re unsure which is most suitable for you.
Wood vs Plastic Wheelie Bin Stores
Top 5 considerations between wood and plastic:
- Style – wood is usually more rustic and traditional looking whereas plastic is more modern. What style is your garden and what look do you want to go for?
- Durability – plastic will last longer than wood
- Safety – Plastic is harder to penetrate than wood by thieves, so do you need it to be extra safe? What will you be storing inside it? Bins, bikes or tools?
- Weather protection – Wood sheds usually have openings so will let water and the weather in, whereas most plastic sheds have been designed to protect against the weather
- Maintenance – A plastic shed requires little maintenance and is very easy to clean. A wooden bin store may need repainting every few years which requires work/cost/effort and it might start looking unsightly
My Selection of the best plastic wheelie bin stores available in the UK to buy online now are:
Keter Store it Out
A sturdy, good looking, lightweight and versatile storage shed. You can use it for storing garden tools, furniture, outdoor items and wheelie bins.
It will hold 2 x 240 litre bins and weighs 26kg. The dimensions (cm) are: 125 (h) x 146 (w) x 86 (d)
Advantages: Lightweight, easy to assemble, lockable, durable and strong
Disadvantages: Hole lock is not that large
Approx. price range: £155
Rowlinson Plastic Double Wheelie Bin Store
A well built garden storage shed from a reputable manufacturer, Rowlinson. Ideal for wheelie bin storage, tools, bikes and outdoor furniture
It will hold 2 x 240 litre bins and weighs 36kg. The dimensions (cm) are: 119 (h) x 144 (w) x 83 (d)
Advantages: Weather proof, lockable, good ventilation
Disadvantages: Colours not to everyone’s taste
Approx. price range: £150