Think about drilling and you probably think of Bosch, Milwaukee and DeWalt
Does the DeWalt DCD796 Hammer Drill live up to the expectations?
Before we start, here are some top tips…
With a vast array of confusing model numbers which make no sense, it’s easy to confuse 1 product for another.
Here is how you can compare products properly:
- Check the model number. The full model number…Often there are different versions of the same model, such as “P1” and “P2“
- Older models of DeWalt drills have the 2.0 battery. New models have a superior 5.0 XR battery
- Ask how many batteries you get with it. It might be the body only while other deals have 2 batteries
- Does the package contain a carry case, bag or nothing? Decide which is right for you.
OK, let’s check out some of the key points to note
- Tried and tested by thousands of users
- Years of experience creating drills
Easy to Use
- Lightweight, ergonomic design
- Handy belt holder
- 3 year warranty
- Trusted by pro and amateur users
- New, 5.0 lithium-ion batteries
What Users are Saying…
Customers who had used previous versions of DeWalt drills with the 2.0 battery were very surprised how much of a difference the new 5.0 XR batteries made to the power output and how long they lasted.
The option to keep the work light on was seen as positive by all users, but one did comment that it’s easy to leave it on and drain the battery, so watch out for that…
It is rated very highly by a range of domestic and commercial users, so it’s a perfect tool whatever your level of work.
It’ll basically handle whatever you throw at it, yet still remains lightweight and compact.
Don’t just take my word for it…
In my opinion…
The great thing about this DeWalt 796 hammer drill is that it will do everything you need.
It’s not too large that you’ll be lugging around a heavy duty piece of kit (it’s only 1.8kg including battery), but it still packs a punch to tackle most jobs.
I like this review I found on YouTube of the DCD796 and 791 drills, so it’s worth a quick watch.
So no matter what you’re asked to do at home, it will take it on. And should you need it for a heavier workload, it’ll take that on too!
It’s also got the hammer function should you need it. The other drill in the above video, the DeWalt 791 is smaller, lighter and does NOT have the hammer function.
The new batteries, the lithium-ion 5.0 XRs, are also a great addition and you won’t be disappointed by the power and run-time they provide.
You have options…
I’d recommend checking out my latest review of the DeWalt DCD985 drill, too, as that’s a really nice piece of kit.
Where to buy the DeWalt DCD796 Hammer Drill
I recommend Zoro.co.uk or Amazon if you’re in the UK because of their excellent service and trusted checkout process.
Compare between the two places to see which is the cheapest on the day.