This remarkable 2000w electric chainsaw is one of the first choices people turn to when their gardens’ hedges and branches need pruning. Its 5m cable is one of the longest found in chain saw models in the same range. Capable of cutting through 13.5 meters per second, the Einhell GH-EC 2040 is a practical saw that demands no tool to get the tension mechanism ready.
– Framed metal body
– Very high efficiency
– Instant start with 40cm Oregon Bar & Chain
– Spare chains are readily available to buy
– 5m cable is long and exceptionally durable
– Metal gearing enables neat cuts
– Tool-less chain tensioning works immediately
– Powerful 2000w motor
This chainsaw gives off very little noise, performs outstanding cuts, and is as good as any petrol chainsaw. As for chain oil, it is quite necessary so the chain does not heat up. The Einhell GH-EC 2040 uses moderate amounts of oil for extended tasks and keeps the chain cutting neatly through logs, branches and whatnot. Some of its great features include:
- The instant mechanical chain brake feature offers protection from any kickback
- A 40cm Oregon Bar and Chain
- There’s an attractive 2-year warranty
- Its best spec is the 13.5 m/s Chainswing Speed
- It relies only on 2000 watts of AC/DC power
- Touted to have the longest cord (5 metres) of any other chain saw model in the range
- You get both the Einhell chain saw and a chain with this product
What Users Say
Its solid construction and speedy work really attract users to what the Einhell GH-EC 2040 can do. Add easy handling and lighweight to that list, and you have a chain saw that is easy to use for long hours. Anything less than 10 inches in diameter and it cuts through it like a charm. This reliable German brand is user-friendly, can work with most wood sizes and is great for garden tasks and projects.
You will need to loosen the chain after each cutting session because it technically needs to contract as it cools. If you do not loosen it, it will stay elongated and you will soon learn that you cannot tighten it up again afterwards. The first half hour will see you constantly tightening the chain after which it finds its place and you will not need to perform such regular tightening. The chain saw has a thumb wheel that you can turn on a threaded bar. It adjusts the length and tightness of the chain. The thread being shallow has the potential to cause chain slippage during the tightening process, probably causing it to go slack.
- Lightweight; easy to handle and use
- Strong make and design; will not break under slightly rough use
- Efficient; has a long cable (5m), uses moderate oil amounts, does excellent work over the long-term
- Chain tightening mechanism could prove faulty; the thumb wheel thread requires no tool to turn it, though
- You will need to wait between cutting sessions so the chain can cool
- In the first half hour of using the product, you will need to make regular chain adjustments
What We Say
The tensioning mechanism is simple and straightforward. The chain saw itself is well built and durable. It has a very pleasing look and feel, with convenient handles and easy to use options. As with all electrical chain saws, the chain has to be positioned the correct way and should be properly tensioned. Once you have sorted this out and gotten it right, you can enjoy gardening and woodworking with this chain saw that makes everything faster (13.5 m/s cut rate) and convenient 5m cable to move freely over wider areas.
Is it Right for you?
Any gardener will enjoy what the Einhell GH-EC 2040 brings to the task. If you like to work over a bigger area without constant re-plugging, this is the chain saw for you. Logs, tree trunks, hedges, mowing tasks and more are all easy tasks with this machine.
Where to Buy
We always recommend that you purchase these items from Amazon because they have a great reputation and you can be sure of a guarantee.
Einhell GH-EC 2040
It is comfortable, simple, lightweight and capable of handling multiple tasks with ease. A great value chainsaw that is efficient and effective, especially at this price.
Advantages: Lightweight, easy to handle and efficient
Disadvantages: Has been known to overheat at times
Approx. price range: £75 – £85