Every artisan will agree that tools of the most exceptional quality are a delight to work with.
Unfortunately, most craftsman tools aren’t made in the US. Ergonomic handles, sharp blades and rust resistance are just a few of the qualities of the best working tools, and it’s an added bonus for them to be American-made.
A craftsman using such tools understands how satisfying it is to work with something built to last a long, long time.
Here are a few American-made tools and why they’re some of the best to work with.
- Sportsman’s Ax by Estwing. According to Outdoorlife.com, this ax comes with a beautiful leather ring grip. Its one-piece forging makes this ax long lasting while still staying affordable. Using this tool will make cutting a breeze, you’ll never want to use anything else after using this. Estwing has been crafting such incredible axes since 1923.
- Original Hammer by Hardcore Hammers. Made using a recessed steel strikeface, this hammer aims to deliver the needed power while saving surfaces. The hammer’s head weighs 19 ounces and comes with two magnetized nail slots and a straightened claw to give more leverage and to allow use even in tight places. They are a relatively new company, and their added innovation to one necessary hammer makes this tool stand out among others.
- Wave by Leatherman. The Wave is considered Leatherman’s most popular multi-use tool. The prototype was designed in 1975, and after eight long years, Leatherman made its first sale. The company has been a household name since it was established in 1983 and it is still a trusted name when it comes to multi-use tools.
- Ergonomic Shovel by Bosse Tools. Who would have thought that a startup company would revolutionize a simple shovel? The significant change the company introduced to the shovel was the rotating center handle. According to the company, the new design is said to relieve wrist pain by preventing the wrist getting into a pronated position, reduce back pain by improving back movement, and minimize shoulder injuries by distributing the loads across the chest and shoulders.
- Hudson Bay Camp Knife II by Bark River Knives. This knife’s design is said to date back to the 18th century where it was commonly used by frontiersmen and traders who preferred a heavy blade in place of a knife. The maker is a business run by a family that ensures that their knives will stand the tests of time.
- Custom-Made Workbenches by American Workbench. The company specializes in creating customized workbenches for its clients. All of these custom pieces come with a 1.75-inch hard edge grain wood block top. The Big John workbench, its first design, is sturdy enough to carry 1500 pounds.
- Pro Framer Tool Belt Set by Occidental Leather. The company has been designing tool belts using raw American leather since the 80s. According to their clients, their products helped in increasing their effectiveness and efficiency in working.
Why Choose American?
Workers of various industries rely on tools for their efficiency. Even if your experience revolves only around simple home improvement projects, you will surely agree that the job is more enjoyable when the tools you use are reliable. American made tools are built with quality as a priority.
- Quality. These tools are made to be used for a long time, that’s why they’re strikingly different from low-quality tools. American made tools are heavier and harder, which are indicative of their sturdiness and ability to withstand heavy work. Garden tools, for example, need to be chosen with care or else you end up buying a new set now and then.
- Precision. The tools are guaranteed to provide quality and precision. This is because artisans understand that reliable tools result in a dependable creation. Precision coupled with quality makes American made tools good purchases.
- Dependability. Because these tools are made with quality and precision, you are guaranteed their reliability. You are assured that these tools will help you make a lot of creations in the years to come. These tools undergo a sufficient number of trials to test their reliability, and once they enter the market, you can be sure that your purchase won’t go to waste.
American-made tools are built for the craftsman who aims for quality work. Artisans spend time working on their projects with a similar goal in mind: to create a functional piece that will last a long time.
It would not make sense to choose an inferior product if you want to produce the best, so it is imperative that you choose tools of the highest quality.
Using reliable, precise and high-quality tools will make crafting any material more enjoyable.