Not only does it pack a powerful 2,200W motor, the Black & Decker GK2240T uses all that power to fell small trees, rise to logging occasions, and prune 40 cm diameter branches.
With such great capabilities, the product comes equipped with an integrated automatic oiling system. This keeps the chain lubricated, reduces wear, enhances the chainsaws lifespan and lets you make neat clean cuts.
Let’s look at some other highlights:
- Rapid cutting; 30cm branch in 6 seconds
- Large-capacity easy-fill oil tank
- Quick and easy chain bar fitting and removal
- Soft grip rear handle and textured front handle
- Integrated automatic oiling system
- Grips and frame designed for tough use
- 2200W motor and 40cm chain
- Soft-start feature prevents ‘kicking’ on start-up
The Black & Decker GK2240T is designed for speed and convenience. Because it’s lightweight you can apply it to many garden tasks, small or large.
Its power means you can even take it to higher-order projects and use it efficiently. The oil tank is large, easy to fill and uses the fuel aptly to keep the power tool going; the main power source is electricity, though.
The price is more than worth it where this chain saw is concerned. The specifications are pretty impressive, too:
- Advance interlinked braking feature stops chain in less than 0.15 seconds, adding to safety
- 2200W High Performance; this is thanks to a High Torque Motor. This voltage is not really that high or demanding when you see how much work this chain saw gets done in a few hours.
- Tool free chain tensioner makes fitting and chain adjustments easy and simple
- Cutting rate is very high; a 30cm log is done in 6s
- 40cm bar length add to the versatility
- Product weighs all of 6 Kgs, which is quite light considering the power this chain saw packs
- It has an electric power source, which helps you save costs on unwanted fuel expenses
- No batteries, merely plug and use. Capable of matching a G-3 pin British, which is quite common, this chain saw is not one of those rare power tools that need specialized pin sockets
Approx. price range: £95 – £105
What Users Say
With a majority 5-star rating on Amazon UK, users have really taken to this chain saw and what it can do for them.
It is easy and quick to assemble and use. 16-inch diameter trees like scoots pine and sycamore are readily sliced and the chain saw consumes only 1/2 litre of oil for two hours worth of work.
You will need to stock up on chain oil, because the product comes carrying only a tiny amount.
The biggest downside is that the the tensioner mechanism is made of plastic. When one user tried to use it (following the instructions) the tensioner gave off a crack from inside the housing and the chain fell slack; something had broken inside the housing. They returned it for a full refund.
It should be pointed out that this was not experienced by all users so could have been a user error or a faulty part.
- Large capacity oil tank; moderate oil used for extended work periods
- Efficient for both large-scale and garden-related projects. Performs neat slices very fast
- Chain brakes are rapid, adding to safety. Oil lubrication gives the chain long life and less wear-n-tear
- Has an enviable 2200W high-torque motor
- You need to stock up on oil at first use
- The tensioner is plastic-based, and therefore not strong or durable. It is of high quality but cannot weather rough use
What We Say
The Black & Decker Chainsaw is better for garden use than anything tougher. If high-stress projects are your goal, the plastic-based tensioner mechanism can be a slight problem because it tends to fail and causes the chain to fall slack.
However, this chain saw is outstanding for garden use. It has a hard steel spike bumper that performs the role of pivot between the body and the cutting bar. This improves stability for more controlled cutting of branches, hedges and other items.
Soft textured grips add to the comfort, a hand guard keeps you safe from accidentally reaching the chain mechanism, oil use is reasonable, and the whole chain saw works well over long periods.
Is it Right for you?
If you like or love gardening or simply have no choice but to do it because the wife is nagging you to, you will certainly find that the Black & Decker GK2240T makes your tasks faster and easier, not to mention safer.
Where to Buy
Amazon is the best option. Its packaging is secure, delivery is swift, customer service is irreproachable, and returns are guaranteed.
Black & Decker GK2240T
Everything about this chain saw is great except the plastic-based tensioner mechanism that conks out if used improperly. As for efficiency, speed, lightweight handling, safety and comfort, this machine is unmatched in its model range.
Advantages: Efficient, safe and powerful
Disadvantages: Plastic chain tensioner could be more durable
Approx. price range: £95 – £105
Not sure this is the right chainsaw for you? I can recommend taking a look at Sawing Pros who have a massive range of chainsaw reviews.